Food Art Wordplay

Today I did food art wordplay for my summer learning journey. It was really fun. My veggie person’s name is Mr Leek. Mr Leek is a plumber.

2 thoughts on “Food Art Wordplay

1. Kia ora Arthur,

It’s Simon here from the Summer Learning Journey team. Ka pai on completing this Summer Learning Journey task. It looks like a tricky one! Tino pai!

You’ve done fantastically on matching the right words to the images. It’s so interesting to see how there are words that have the same sound, but different spelling and meaning to other words. Like ‘time’ and ‘thyme’! Those are tricky! The ‘th-’ at the beginning of the word makes it sound like the ‘th-’ for the word ‘three’, but it is a ‘t-’ sound. Very tricky!

Do you know any other homophones that are not on these lists of words? I am thinking of the words ‘sea’ and ‘see’ that sound the same, but have different spelling and completely different meanings. It’s quite cool!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ngā mihi,
    Simon (SLJ)

2. Mr Leek looks very cool! He looks very strong and would make a good plumber! It’s such an appropriate vegetable to use as a plumber. Mr Leek will surely fix all the leaks! Haha.